Technical Sales/Applications Engineer - POSITION FILLED
Competitive Salary + 25 Days Holiday Plus Bank Holidays + Generous Company Pension
Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm, Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a mechanical engineering background, with experience in a technical sales, client facing, or a Projects capacity. Candidates must be able to read technical drawings, and will ideally hold a mechanical qualification. Candidates with experience in materials handling or conveyor systems will be at a considerable advantage.
The role itself is primarily office based, though you will occasionally be required to visit site in order to assess client requirements and provide training. You will work in a small team, putting together briefs, undertaking calculations and testing, liaising with the design team to produce the final product, whilst liaising with the customer throughout.
The role is not an account management or new business development position, you will handle inbound calls and emails, providing technical support and guidance to clients in order to meet their requirements. You will also assist with invoicing, quotations, order inputting, and chasing progress on Sales.
You will work closely with experienced sales and engineering professionals.
- Primarily office based with occasional site visits
- Working in a small team
- Putting together briefs and initial calculations and testing before liaising with design
- Providing clients with technical support and guidance to fulfil their requirement
- Mechanical engineering background with technical sales, projects, or client facing experience
- Ideally hold a mechanical qualification
- Candidates with experience in materials handling or conveyor systems are encouraged to apply